|Food Chemistry Division
Dr. Ir. Feri Kusnandar, MSc
Areas of Expertise
- Starch modification
- Thermal processing in aseptic system
- Food rheology
- Shelf-life determination of processed foods
- Basic Food Chemistry (Diploma Program)
- Thermal Processing (Diploma Program)
- Food Chemistry (Undergraduate Program)
- Carbohydrate Chemistry and Technology (Undergraduate Program)
- Principle of Food Process Engineering ( Undergraduate Program)
- Halal Food Management (Undergraduate Program)
- Food Chemistry (Graduate Program)
- Food Process Engineering (Graduate Program)
- Advanced Food Analysis (Graduate program)
- Thermal Processing (Graduate Program)
- Characteristics of Food Materials (Professional Master Program)
- Management of Food Product Development (Professional Master Program)
- The dual modification of sago starch for edible biofilm
- Food product development based on local carbohydrate resources
- Ultra High Temperature (UHT) processed of liquid meal models
- Processing development of noodles from local carbohydrate resources (legumes, tubers, cereals)
- Starch modification and its application in foods
- Kinetics of physicochemical and quality changes of foods during processing and storage
- Isolation and identification of bioactive compound
Selected Research Publications
- Kusnandar, F., Tumaali,F. and Hosken,R.W. 2003. Rheological and Microbiological Aspects of UHT Processed Chickpea Liquid Meals. Journal of Texture Studies, 34(3).
- Kusnandar, F. and Tumaalii,F. 2003. Kinetics of Physicochemical Changes of Chickpea Liquid Meal and Shelf-life Prediction Modeling. Journal of Food Technology and Industry (Accepted)
- Kusnandar, F., Hosken,R.W. and Tumaalii F. 2002. UHT processed chickpea liquid meals: A novel concept of a convenient liquid meal. Journal of Food Technology and Industry, 13(1): 86-96,
- Kusnandar, F., Hosken,R.W. and Tumaalii,F. 2000. Application of rapid visco analysis on the development of grain-based liquid meals. Paper presented in Conference of Millennium Marketing through Food Science and Technology, Annual Meeting of Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology, Brisbane, Australia, 20-24 August.
- Muhammad, K., F. Kusnandar, Hashim,Z.M., and Abdurrahman,R. 1999. Application of native and phosphorylated tapioca starches in potato starch noodles. International Journal of Food Science and Technology. 34(3):275-280. http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/links/doi/10.1046/ j.1365-2621.1999.00262.x/abs/.
- Yasni, S., F. Kusnandar and Hartini. 1999. Extraction and fractination of alcaloid active compounds from katuk (Sauropus androgynus (L) Merr) leaves, Journal of Food Technology and Industry, 10(1): 70-78).
- Kusnandar, F., Muhammad,K., Hashim,Z.M., and Abdurrahman,R. 1998. The use of phos-phorylated tapioca and sago starches in the production of starch noodle. Proceeding of Food Technology Seminar. 1998. 204-212.
- Kusnandar, F., Muhammad,K., Hashim,Z.M., and Abdurrahman,R. 1998. Effects of moisture content of dough and freezing temperature on the characteristics of potato starch noodle. Journal of Food Technology and Industry. 9(2):9-15.
- Apriyantono, A., Kusnandar, F. ,Dewi, A.S.,Dewi, L.,H.D.J.Lalel. 1995. Role of various precursors and reaction conditions on the formation of meat flavour. Bul. Teknol. Industri Pangan , 6 (1), 53-64. (Indonesian).
- Apriyantono, A. and F. Kusnandar. 2003. Halal certification and legislations in Indonesia. Paper presented at Halal Food Conference 2003 : Harnessing Regional Strength in Halal Food Business, The Mines Exhibition Centre, Kuala Lumpur, 25 September 2003.
- Apriyantono, A. and F. Kusnandar. 2003. Guideline for Halal Labeling. Paper presented in Workshop on Book Writing on Halal Foods, Jakarta, 9 September 2003.
- Apriyantono, A. and F. Kusnandar. 2003. Guideline on Halal Labeling. Minestry of Religious Affair, RI, Jakarta.